Label Cloud

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wireshark and hard-drives

This morning a tested out Ubuntu Studio, a rather interesting version of the regular Ubuntu project. Ubuntu Studio is a fork of the Ubuntu project aimed at production of audio, video, and games. I tried it out, but it didn't work well. The audio did not function at all despite some trouble shooting, and the graphics were a bit glitchy. I am not trying to discourage you from trying it out, hopefully it will work on your system, but I'm back to Ubuntu 9.10 Where everything works as I expect it too.

I am making some progress with BBot and asynchat. BBot now manages to connect to the server and send its NICK and USER lines correctly, but the server does not seem to see them. I was using Wireshark to test it, but no luck.
You can now get the latest BBot release via git from Sourceforge as well as the development copy from Github. However, the regular downloads on Sourceforge have some security bugs, so don't download those until I get version 2 uploaded.

And finally, before I go, I have a rather interesting link to share:
http://xkcd.com/394/

No comments:

Post a Comment