Label Cloud

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Announcement of mRat

I've been trying to find a good live memory inspector like MHS or Cheat Engine for Linux, but I haven't really found much, so I have decided to create a program called mRat. mRat will search through a /proc/mem file for values matching your search and hopefully allow you to modify these values an the fly and later do more advanced searches like pointers, strings, and floats. It will be quite a challenge, but hopefully I can manage.

Today, I decided to have BBot use Asynchat instead of the socket module to reduce the blocking and the make the rpg module run more smoothly. From what I can tell so far, it will let me read each message sent from the server by setting \r\n as my terminating string so it will split the messages for me and call a function every time I get a message. This will also remove any possible bugs that might occur from overflowing the send_wait variable which could allow for exploitation of the bot if you set it too low in your config file.

No comments:

Post a Comment