Label Cloud

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Firefox 4!

I have been using Minefield, which is basically, the very, very latest code for Firefox (which can sometimes be buggy). By using Minefield, I have been introduced to a variety of new features that will be included in Firefox 4 when it will be released (scheduled for January 2011). With this release drawing dear, I have decided to get into the true HTML5 spirit by making a complete HTML5 game. So, I made a Snake Clone. To play, simply click start and use the arrow keys to collect the food blocks to help your snake grow. This snake game was made completely with HTML5 (HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and the canvas element) making it one of the most open games to date!

This silly little game has also been submitted to a HTML5 game competition (which I was not hoping to win). You can read more about the results on the new AJ00200 Blog.

By the way, I am accepting donations to fund the development of more open-technology HTML5 based games. You can send donations to the Bitcoin address 12pkhaGcZmoa9RkG11PQm1XNG9D6m62Q2U. Don't have Bitcoins? You can get 0.05 or 0.5 (if you are lucky) at http://freebitcoins.appspot.com/. Remember, any little bit helps.

My Thoughts
Overall, I thought that designing a game using HTML5 was great! Although my JavaScript skills were a bit rusty from under-use, I still managed to complete the game within a few hours. The process was very smooth the whole way through. I am glad to say that HTML5 will replace Flash eventually, but not without a good fight. Until then, making an HTML5 app rather than Flash is the best way to get my attention as I would choose anything over Flash.

jHS
I have not yet announced the jHS project on my blog, but jHS stands for javascriptHackingSoftware. It is meant to be similar to MHS (Memory Hacking Software) or CheatEngine, except for HTML5/JavaScript games. This program is a long way off, so you don't have to worry about anyone hacking your HTML5 games just yet, but make sure to do the security right the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment