Label Cloud

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blender3D 2.54 Beta

I'm am a huge fan of the Blender 3D Modeler. I've used it to create 3D models, do special effects, and I've watched some rather good movies made in blender. The beta version of Blender has a new GUI making it look much, much better, and it also includes support for Python scripting, which I am particularly looking forward to playing with as I am a Python geek.
The New Blender GUI

It does take a little getting used to because of the new interface, but I am sure once you become more practiced with this latest version, you will never go back to the old version.
You can get the 2.54 Beta Version, or, if you want to use one that is absolutely stable, you can use the latest stable version.

One last note about the beta version, it requires Python 3.1 which you can download at the on python.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment